» BMW cars for sale in USA » 5-Series » 5-series » 1998 BMW 5-Series 540I
1998 BMW 5-Series 540I
Technical specifications, photos and description:
|Engine:||4.4 LITER V8|
|Drive Manufacturer:||REAR WHEEL DRIVE|
|:||“1998 BMW E39 540I AUTOMATIC. 19" WHEELS, DINAN UPGRADES! LOW RESERVE! EXTRA PARTS FROM MY OTHER BLACK 528I”|
|Got questions?||Ask here!|
Do you like this Item?
1998 BMW 5-Series 540I for saleCurrent customer rating: (3) based on 28 votes
Offered for an appreciating new owner is this cool semi-classic 1998 BMW 540IA E39 sedan with nice extras!
Finished in jet black over tan leather hides, this 540 sports decent running 4.4 liter V8 engine mated to the factory automatic transmission. It features COLD air conditioning, heated electric leather seating, high-end cd audio system with amp and sub woofer in the trunk, electric windows and sunroof and Dinan cold air intake and exhaust,, strut bar, white-face gauges, rear deck lip, and custom pedals. The mileage is estimated to be 180,000. cannot conform due to bad dash pixels. This car is part of my E39 collection all of which are available individually OR as PACKAGE deal [2000 540i speed with noisy timing chain guides, VERY NICE 1998 Aspen silver DINAN 540i speed, 2001 525i speed sport package, 1998 740il E38 with custom speed manual transmission and newer Vanos engine]THE BODY AND TRIM
The exterior of this car is in FAIR to GOOD "ten-footer" condition overall with some clearcoat paint issues, miscellaneous nicks, chips, scratches and other blemishes. NOTE: will also include several other miscellaneous parts from another black E39 stripped down. [doors, rear deck lid, hood, etc.]THE INTERIOR
As hope is articulated in the photos here, the interior of this car is in GOOD condition overall. It sports nice audio system, COLD A/C, working electric windows, electric tilt and telescoping "M" steering wheel. Imperfections inside the car include sunroof jammed shut, airbag and check engine lights illuminated, dash pixels dead, slight cracking on the center console wood trim and general wear and tear on the interior surfaces.THE DRIVING EXPERIENCE
This 1998 BMW starts perfectly and runs decent with very nice sound from the Dinan exhaust. The steering and suspension are tight and responsive and the brakes stop strong and straight. The engine seems bit low on power, the transmission shifts fine. The tires are fairly worn producing bit of grittiness to the ride quality. THE DETAILS AND $$$$$
1. This 1998 BMW will be sold with clear and clean California title. PLEASE NOTE: have clean and clear California title in hand BUT CARFAX report shows previous salvage title history. THIS CAR CAN ONLY BE PURCHASED BY NON-CALIFORNIA BUYER! IT WILL BE SOLD AS IS WHERE IS. I invite and very much welcome prospective new owners to come see, feel, drive and inspect this car in person.
NOTE: There will be no post-sale inspections to determine whether you actually want to purchase this car. So, PLEASE bid thoughtfully
2. Zero feedback bidders please contact me prior to bidding or bids will be cancelled immediately. This car is also being advertised in other venues and reserve the right to end auction at any time at my discretion.
3. will assist with shipping arrangements [buyer pays costs]. I recommend Chris at Kelly's Auto Transport at 951-845-6224
4. Winning bidder please call 650-350-8828 and/or email me thru ebay within 24 hours of auction close.
5. $500 non-refundable down payment via Paypal w/in 2 days of auction close.
6. Balance of purchase due via CASH in person, bank wire transfer or certified funds within 5 days of auction close thank you.
Also published at eBay.com